Phat Energy Unveils Solar EV Carport
Phat Energy has unveiled a solar-powered carport prototype, the PHATport 350, inthe outdoor section of Dwell on Design 2010. Thecarport works both as a residential carport and a covered patio thatholds a 2.5KW solar array on its roof. The PHATport 350 comespre-assembled and folded on a custom traveling dolly with wheels.
Once on the site, the carport can be opened and attached to columnsfor use. The company plans to customize the unit with lights, electrical outlets, EV chargers and other column design options. Phat Energy hasalready started taking orders, but production won’t start until latethis summer.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!