PGE Plans Rooftop PV Project With ProLogis
NorthwestSolar Solutions, a division of locally owned Snyder Roofing and theinstaller for this project, estimates 60,000 hours of union-wageelectrical and roofing Oregon jobs will be created by this project. Theroughly 900,000 square-foot project will cover the roofs of sevenProLogis distribution warehouses in Portland, Gresham and Clackamas.
Theinstallation will use UNI-SOLAR’s thin-film solar panels – similar tothe ones used on the 1.1 MW rooftop project PGE and ProLogis broughtonline in 2008, PGE says. U.S. Bank and PGE have formed SunWay 3 LLC toown and operate the system and to secure state and federal solar taxcredits to help finance the project.
SOURCE: Portland General Electric
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa