Peter Thiel: The New Cleantech VC Hater
Peter Thiel, known as the “Don of the PayPal Mafia” declared clean technology a “disaster” at Venture Beat’s TechCrunch Disrupt 2011 conference in San Francisco.
OK folks, go on home, stop all this saving-the-world-green energy-stuff. It just isn’t working. Thiel has spoken.
Thiel is a billionaire libertarian hedge fund manager and venture capitalist who founded PayPal and was an early investor in Facebook and Linked-in amongst other software, social network, and data analytics companies. He endorsed Ron Paul for President in 2007 and Meg Whitman for California Governor in 2010. Thiel has begun a “20 Under 20” grant program for young entrepreneurs through his Thiel Fellowship program.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?