Peer+ BIPV Smart Windows
Dutch company Peer+ has unveiled the latest in BIPV technology in the form of Smart EnergyGlass for windows that generate renewable energy and give you thedesired privacy as well. Similar to the upcoming LCD glass treatments,these windows let you change their transparency level at the flick of aswitch and feature a “Privacy Mode” where the glass is at its darkest.
The company explains that the Smart Energy Glass is an organicproduct that has been designed on cradle to cradle principles. The glass converts light that is normally reflected and wasted into electricity.The company doesn’t state the technology being used or the amount ofcharge they produce, but even if the glass generates enough to keep acellphone buzzing, it could be greeted with some interested faces.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!