Oy Vey! Florida Solar Rebate Program Sells Out in 72 Hours
Tampa Electric, the principal subsidiary TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE: TE) delivers 4,400 MW of electricity to over 667,000 customers. TheResidential and Commercial PV Rebate Program offers residential andcommercial customers a rebate of $2/watt up to the maximum of US$20,000 on new PV installations.
Customers will now have to wait until 2012 to apply for the nextround of the PV rebate program expected to be offered for five years.Tampa Electric has also launched a rebate of up to 1,000 for newinstallations of solar water heaters.
“We’re pleased with the overwhelming response to the company’s firstoffering of rebates for photovoltaic installations,” said ShellyAubuchon, program manager for Tampa Electric’s Renewable Energy program.
She added, “We look forward to interconnecting the new PV systems toTampa Electric’s grid and providing these customers with net metering,which allows them to receive full retail value for any energy that isexported to the grid from their PV systems.”
EnergyBoom is a global leader in news information about the renewable energy sector, offering expert analysis to keep you on the cutting edge of the renewable energy world. From public policy and financial analysis to company profiles to social commentary and the basics, EnergyBoom is your 360° view of the renewable energy world. Our contributors scour the globe daily for the latest news and information delivering insight and analysis, covering everything from new technologies to breaking news.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?