ORNL Wind Gateway Goes Live
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) has launched the Wind Energy Data & Information (WENDI) Gateway to provide easy access to a large amount of wind energy-related dataand information to a broad range of wind-energy stakeholders through.
The Gateway has two main interfaces: the Wind Energy MetadataClearinghouse and the Wind Energy Geographic Information System(WindGIS). The Metadata Clearinghouse is a powerful, customized searchtool for discovering, accessing, and sharing wind energy-related dataand information. Its database of metadata records points users to adiverse array of wind energy-related resources, including among others:
- Scientific journals
- News stories
- Government reports
- Wind resource datasets
WindGIS allows users to visualize a wide spectrum of United Stateswind energy-related spatial data, including wind energy power plantlocations; wind resource maps; state-level installed wind capacity,generation, and renewable portfolio standards; electric transmissionlines; transportation infrastructure; interconnection standards; landownership, designation, and usage; and various ecological data layers.In addition, WindGIS allows users to download much of the data behindthe layers.
The Search for Environmentally-Sustainable Solutions & CleanTechnologies, Cleabeta is the blog of Clean Tech Law & Business.Clean Tech Law & Business is the firstpeer-reviewed journal devoted exclusively to legal and financialaspects of clean tech. Readers will receive academic-grade research andanalysis of the issues complicating the commercialization of criticaltechnologies from leading clean-tech authorities in law, finance,technology, government, non-profits and academia. CleanBeta is written byWilliam Pentland.¹ If you have any comments, questions or concernsabout content that appears on CleanBeta, please feel free to send themby email to email@example.comArticles l Homepage
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!