Officials Dedicate Exelon City Solar Project in Chicago
Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley joined Exelon Chairman and CEO John Rowe and others on Chicago’s South Side to dedicate Exelon City Solar. Theproject is the nation’s largest urban solar power plant, according toExelon.
The $60 million project’s 32,292 solar photovoltaicpanels produce over 14,000 MWh of electricity per year. ExelonGeneration owns and operates the 10 MW plant and will market theelectricity it generates.
Construction on the site began in July2009, with commercial operation commencing in December 2009 and finalsite work completed this month. SunPower Corp. designed, manufacturedand installed the system.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy