Oerlikon Solar Notes Record Thin-Film Silicon Efficiency, Power Output
Oerlikon Solar says that it has achieved a new record efficiency levelfor commercial thin-film silicon PV modules. Recent test results fromOerlikon Solar’s pilot production line in Switzerland show thatfull-size Micromorph modules (1.4 m2) have 151 W initial power, or 11%initial power conversion efficiency.
This result sets a newindustry record for in-production thin-film silicon modules, accordingto the company. Oerlikon Solar reproduced modules with similar recordresults, demonstrating a stable and scalable process.
"OerlikonSolar has previously announced an ambitious production cost target of$0.70 per watt peak and is on track to achieve this target by end of2010," says Jeannine Sargent, CEO of Oerlikon Solar. "Increased moduleefficiency and power are key contributors to this goal."
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System