Oakland’s Green Jobs and Energy Initiatives
Oakland is developing local green businesses and training residents for the new green workforce. Local groups and educational establishments haveteamed up to train and place low-income residents in jobs like solarinstallation, energy-efficiency retrofits and green building.
Oakland is behind some innovative energy initiatives. The city is launching aprogram to jumpstart energy efficiency in the commercial downtown areaand encourage investment. The program provides technical assistance andincentives to increase the energy efficiency of older buildings.
Oakland’s green jobs and energy initiatives are a model for cities around the world.
Richard Matthews is a consultant, sustainable investor, writer and owner of The Green Market Oracle, a leading sustainable business blog that covers the convergence of sustainable capitalism and the global environment.The Green Market is one of the most comprehensive resources for information and tools on sustainability. Follow The Green Market's twitter feed and see the Facebook Fan Page. Richard is a contributor to more than 50 publications. Find him on Facebook and Linkedin.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System