NV Energy Seeking RECs
Las Vegas-based NV Energy has issued a request for offers (RFO) for renewable energy portfolio credits from qualified renewableenergy generators. This solicitation requests proposals for the sale ofrenewable energy credits and all other renewable energy benefits, butdoes not seek the associated renewable energy from generation sources. Proposals can be for a contractual time length of five to 25 years.
Energy credit proposals will be considered for energy derived from solar,geothermal, biomass, wind and other resources eligible for portfolioenergy credits under the Nevada renewable portfolio standard. The energy credits will require certification from the Public Utilities Commission of Nevada through the Nevada Tracks Renewable Energy Credits program.
Eligible renewable resources must either be in operation or have a commercialoperation date no later than July 1, 2013. Minimum bid size is 450 kW,but proposals can comprise multiple sites of no less than 150 kilowattsat each site.
Parties interested in submitting a response canvisit NV Energy’s website at www.NVEnergy.com/PCOnlyRFO for additionalinformation and the necessary forms. Proposals in response to the RFOare due by 5 p.m. (PDT) Sept. 22.
SOURCE: NV Energy
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?