Nottingham University’s China campus zeroes carbon emissions
NottinghamUniversity’s plan to expand in Ningbo, China, has seen the developmentof a new Center for Sustainable Energy Technologies, which is designedby Mario Cucinella Architects.Just like the work the center is expected to perform, the architecturetoo boasts the use of sustainable sources of energy like photovoltaicenergy, solar thermal energy and wind energy.
Theunique design of the building takes inspiration from traditionalChinese lanterns and wooden screens. The façade of the building foldsdramatically to create a dynamic shape, which changes the appearance ofthe building from day to night. Apart from the use of renewable energy,the building is designed with a large rooftop opening that brings innatural light and ventilation to all floors when open.
The1300m2 building will house visitor’s center, research laboratories andclassrooms for master’s courses. With the use of a variety ofsustainable technologies, the €3,000,000 building is all set to beChina’s first zero carbon university building.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!