Norsun Investment By Good Energies Largest In Q1
Private equity firm Good Energies led the largest solar investment in the first quarter of 2009, with a $71.6 million round for Norwegian solar company Norsun, according to an analysis of 1st quarter clean-technology venture investments by Deloitte.On the other hand, the study concluded that “cleantech ventureinvestments have declined for two consecutive quarters since peaking at$2.6 billion in 3Q08, representing the lowest level of venture capital investment in clean technology companies in two years.”
Good Energies, founded in2001 and led by renewable industry veterans, has developed animpressive international investment portfolio of public and privateclean energy companies. The firm’s portfolio companies includes playersin solar energy, turbine-based renewables (wind, ocean), green buildingtechnologies and other emerging areas within clean energy. Among the better known investments made by Good Energies include the Solarfun Power Holdings Co. (NASDAQ: SOLF); Germany’s publicly traded Q-Cells (the world’s largest manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) cells); Trina Solar Limited(NYSE: TSL); as well as early stage renewable energy and energyefficiency technology companies throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.These privately held companies including Konarka Technologies(develops and manufactures solar plastic films that convert light toenergy) and SAGE Electrochromics (maker of smart glass products), amongmany others.
The Search for Environmentally-Sustainable Solutions & CleanTechnologies, Cleabeta is the blog of Clean Tech Law & Business.Clean Tech Law & Business is the firstpeer-reviewed journal devoted exclusively to legal and financialaspects of clean tech. Readers will receive academic-grade research andanalysis of the issues complicating the commercialization of criticaltechnologies from leading clean-tech authorities in law, finance,technology, government, non-profits and academia. CleanBeta is written byWilliam Pentland.¹ If you have any comments, questions or concernsabout content that appears on CleanBeta, please feel free to send themby email to firstname.lastname@example.orgArticles l Homepage
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!