NASA’s self-sustaining Green Building
An intelligent controls system that was derived from spaceprogram counterparts will control all the technologies in the building.The main computer will check the weather conditions constantly to plantenvironmental control and also has the capability to adjusttemperatures inside the building depending on the number of people inthe building. Other systems include geothermal well cooling system,computer controlled windows, energy-use monitors. The ceremonialgroundbreaking event for this project will be on August 25th and theconstruction is expected to be completed by November 2011.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar