Nanosys Introduces QD Soleil Division
Palo Alto, Calif.-based Nanosys has created QDSoleil, a wholly owned division focused on the use of its proprietarynanotechnology in solar panel cell designs. Nanotechnology is the nextstep in the natural evolution of a solar-generated, grid-ready energysupply, the company says.
QD Soleil’s intellectual propertyincludes over 500 patents and patent applications. According to thecompany, this technology has been refined over many years and exploitsthe best-in-class inorganic material compositions, processing andintegration chemistries, and includes the most stable nanomaterialformulations known.
Applications of the technology andintellectual property include additive enhancement layers for lightconversion engineering, nano-particle inks, light waveguideconcentrators and nanomaterial composites for enhancing overall solarcell efficiency.
Nanosys is considering strategic options tomaximize the value of QD Soleil, including a possible sale to a largephotovoltaic manufacturer. QD Soleil is now meeting with potentialpartners and parties interested in acquiring a substantial footprint innanotechnology for photovoltaics.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS