Mitsubishi Solar develops organic solar panels
MitsubishiSolar partnered up with a couple agencies to develop a highlyintegrated organic photovoltaic solar panels that can be implementedinto windows, walls, cloths, textiles, outdoor equipment and even toys.Typically traditional silicon based solar panels are difficult toimplement in areas that need flexibility since silicon solar panels andare rigid and somewhat fragile.
Traditionally organic solarcells are associated with low efficiencies although Mitsubishi Solarand their development partners claim they have solved the efficiencyissues with organic solar panels by developing a unique manufacturingprocess that uses lasers to make the solar panel. The process creates ahighly integrated organic solar panel that increases efficiencysignificantly.
What do you think about organic solar panels?
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System