‘Meterless’ Parking Meters Run On Solar
Goneare the days when parking your car required you to search your pocketfor a few coins, the times have changed and today’s era is dominatednot by paper money but by plastic money. The city of Ann Arbor inMichigan is testing a new parking system that allows drivers to parktheir cars for a specified period of time and pay using their creditcards.
Called “E-Park,” the systems makes use ofmeter heads at parking spaces that will carry four-digit numbers thatthe drivers will have to remember. If your meeting is extending beyondthe scheduled time you can also use your phone to extend the parkingtime by referring to the number you remembered. The best part of thesystem is that the meters are powered entirely by the energy of thesun, and the developers believe that they can function for days withoutsunshine.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy