Mercedes Pimps Out the Pope: The Green Hybrid ‘Popemobile’
Pope Benedict XVI, also known as the ‘Green Pope’, will be seenriding his new ‘green’, zero emissions Popemobile! Mercedes-Benz hasdesigned and made this hybrid electric-petrol motor Popemobile that ismodeled on the M Class Mercedes (4-wheel drive). The vehicle will have a lithium-ion battery that can be recharged and will have the capacity to drive for 16 miles or 30 kilometers without any emissions. However,the Popemobile will not be purely electric-driven for safetyconsiderations in times of emergency and, hence, will rely on the hybrid petrol motor. Mercedes-Benz is not divulging its clientele details for confidential reasons but it is suggested that the new green Popemobileshould be ready by the time the Pope visits his native country, Germany, in September this year.
Mercedes has been manufacturing these special vehicles for thepopes since the 80s with special features like the high-rise reinforcedglass that allows full view of the pope under high security. There hadbeen talks going on since last December with some statements from theVatican City State suggesting that the Pope is keen to use an electricPopemobile – due to environmental concerns.
Pope Benedict XVI is a very strong propagator of protecting God’senvironment and has made considerable efforts to transform the VaticanCity into a more eco-friendly and green state. He has time and againemphasized humanity’s contribution towards the environment in helping to upkeep and preserve it for the generations to come. ‘Green’ isevidently a part of his talks and teachings as well as his policies.The pope has further strengthened his determination to motivate humanity for a better world by announcing seven new sins that require repentance and the fourth on the list is “polluting of the environment”.Therefore, the new green Popemobile is the Pope’s crusade forsustainable living and preservation of the earth.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!