MEMC Goes Solar Vertical in Ontario $WFR
If Sun Edison wants to develop solar projects in Ontario and get theirparent firm, MEMC’s silicon involved, they have to make modules in theprovince.
To that end, MEMC (WFR) just announced that it will start producingMEMC-branded solar panels through Flextronics (FLEX) in Ontario to serve the local market, starting in the second quarter of 2011. Localcontent requirements are rising from 50 percent to 60 percent in 2011.
"This initiative not only satisfies the domestic content requirementfor SunEdison, but also signals a significant long-term investment inthe Ontario solar market," said Carlos Domenech, President ofSunEdison.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System