McDowell’s Drive Thru? Fiat 500 is Coming To America
The combination of low cost and efficiency have made the Fiat 500 one of the best greener cars in Europe for the past couple of years and laterthis year the car will be available in the US.
For the secondyear in a row, the well built Fiat 500 was awarded top honours in theUK’s supermini (subcompact) category of the What Car? Green Awards for 2010.
The Fiat 500 is affordable, efficient, stylish, and most importantly, at58.9 mpg, it is amongst the most fuel efficient vehicles in Europe. TheFiat 500 is available with a choice of three ultra-low emissions, Euro5-compliant engines: 69bhp 1.2-litre and 100bhp 1.4-litre petrol, or95bhp 1.3-litre MultiJet turbodiesel. This car offers great value formoney.
As part of Chrysler Group’s recovery plans in the US, the2011 Fiat 500 will be sold by its dealers later this year. The new 500will be modified for the American market, it will be built in Mexicowith 1.4 liter 4-cylinder engines built in Michigan. Early offerings are expected to have a 97-hp output and a 6-speed manual transmission.
Richard Matthews is a consultant, sustainable investor, writer and owner of The Green Market Oracle, a leading sustainable business blog that covers the convergence of sustainable capitalism and the global environment.The Green Market is one of the most comprehensive resources for information and tools on sustainability. Follow The Green Market's twitter feed and see the Facebook Fan Page. Richard is a contributor to more than 50 publications. Find him on Facebook and Linkedin.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act