MC Architects Design Solar-Powered Residential Building
Designers over at Mario Cucinella Architectshave come up with a green residential building for the HabiterEcologique exhibition held at the Cité de l’Architecture et duPatrimoine in Paris. Covering an area of about 1780-square-meters, thebuilding carries several sustainable features to lower its carbonfootprint The buildingis conceived as a series of overlapping timber layers and carries afaçade of protruding boxes that create a dynamic elevation with privateprotected terraces. The opposite side on the other hand is more calmand ordered..
Thebuilding houses a kindergarten, a restaurant and a bar on the groundfloor and has a roof garden for all inhabitants to share. The buildingcarries photovoltaic panels that generate more energy than what thebuilding actually requires. In addition to generating on-site energy,the building makes use of sustainable materials and hi-tech insulation,which reduces its energy demand.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?