Massachusetts Solar Rebate Closed
The solar rebate program in Massachusetts, called Commonwealth Solar,has received all the applications it needs to meet its goal of 27MW ofsolar power in the state by 2012. The program is now closed to newapplicants.
With MA Governor Deval Patrick’s outspoken support for renewabletechnologies, solar power most certainly included, the state mayintroduce another program–who knows. And the federal government’sgenerous solar incentive is still in place: any home or business ownercan receive 30 percent of the cost of a solar installation in the formof a federal tax credit. Nevertheless this will slow solar growth inMassachusetts at least in the short term. As always, GetSolar will keepyou posted.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy