Masdar PV increases efficiency of its thin-film solar modules to 7.4 %
The increase of over15 percent was made possible over the past six months by in-houseprocess know-how, as a result of which additional and optimisedproduction steps and improved quality checks have been introduced.Masdar PV is thus reinforcing its position as one of the most efficientproviders of a-Si thin-film modules.
“We have achieved thissubstantial increase in the efficiency of our modules because we haveconsistently focussed on optimising the production line in line withmarket requirements from the very outset. A decisive factor in thisrespect was the work undertaken by our expert team, and for the futurewe see the possibility of increasing the efficiencies of our moduleseven further,” says Dr. Harald Bloeß, manager Engineering/Transfer atMasdar PV, explaining the reasons for this accomplishment.
Amongst others, this achievement is due to seven ‘Inline Metrology’ systems,which permit the precise characterisation of the modules. On the basisof the expertise available within the company, further non-proprietaryadditions and optimisations are now in the pipeline.
“For ourcustomers, this increase in efficiency signifies a cost advantage. Forthis reason, we are anticipating a further increase in the demand forour modules, which come into their own particularly in diffuse lightingconditions and high environmental temperatures”, says Frank Wouters, CEO of Masdar PV. The modules from Masdar PV are particularly suited foruse in open-space and on-roof systems.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar