Lumeta Introduces Its Giant Stick-On Solar Module
That’s literally one of the secret ingredients of a new and relativelynovel solar module from Lumeta that is on exhibit at Solar PowerInternational this week.
The company, a subsidiary of a large roofing contractor called DRI Companies, has devised a 400-wattsolar module that essentially sticks onto the roof of a building. Youjust peel off the paper on the bottom of the module, line it up on theroof in relation to the other modules, and stick it on.
"We prefer to call it adhesive," joked general manager JonathanPickering, the former Applied Materials exec. Either way, the panel isone of the more popular exhibits at the show. (That’s a Lumeta panelstuck to a mock piece of roofing material in the picture.) In all, thepanel is about two inches thick.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!