Lotus Showcases Electric Concept Car
Lotus has unveiled a new economical urban car at the Paris MotorShow that features a range-extended electric engine. The low-emissionvehicle, dubbed City Car, features an all-electric range of about 60km,after which a range extended kicks in to deliver an additional 440km.
The low-emission vehicle has a total weight of less than 1400kg andgenerates 240Nm of torque, helping it hit a speed of 50kph in only 4.5seconds. The top speed of the Lotus City Car concept is 170kph, with acharge sustaining top speed of 120kph. All this performance is achievedby a drivetrain that returns CO2 emissions of 60g/km.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!