Los Angeles: The New EV Hub?
Colorado-based Boulder Electric Vehicle decided to lease a building there to assemble its electric trucks. At full production, it’s expected to build 1000 vehicles a year and employ 150 people.
The company will initially invest about $6 million and got a $3 million grant from the California Energy Commission.
Boulder’s trucks are for fleets, such as governments and big delivery companies. Starting next year, there will be four models with a range of 40 miles, 80 miles and 120 miles, and a 2-ton carrying capacity.
Building them is very labor intensive, taking about three hours when they reach full scale.
Boulder is the fourth electric vehicle maker to locate in Los Angeles. China-based BYD Company has its North American headquarters there as well as CODA Holdings. TIG/M LLC, which makes electric trolleys, has a research and development facility there.
Online since 1996, we provide global news and networking services to help green business grow. We cover all green business sectors including renewable energy, green building and green investing. Services include: Daily Green Business and Green Investor News; our leading green jobs service, Green Dream Jobs, a hands-on green investing newsletter, Progressive Investor; and networking services for green businesses that seek capital and partners.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!