Legislation Establishes PACE Program In San Francisco
Mayor Gavin Newsom has signedthe final legislation required to establish San Francisco’s PropertyAssessed Clean Energy (PACE) program. The program makes $150 million inbonding capacity available to private property owners to financerenewable energy improvements, water conservation and energy efficiencythrough a voluntary special property tax.
Each additionalspecial property tax will be paid in full within 20 years. SanFrancisco property owners will be able to apply for financing beginningnext month.
Oakland, Calif.-based Renewable Funding, a providerof PACE financing services, will administer the program and providecapital to fund the projects. San Francisco-based Stone & Youngbergand Backstrom McCarley Berry & Co. are serving as bond underwriters.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!