LDK Solar Reaches Agreement With Q-Cells $LDK
LDK Solar has reached an agreement with Q-Cells SE regarding an existing solar wafer supply contract that the two companies enteredinto in December 2007.
LDK Solar has agreed to an early repayment of the prepayment of $244.5 million that Q-Cells made pursuant to thesupply agreement. Under the new agreement, LDK Solar will repay theprepayment in its entirety, which currently stands at $224.9 million, by the end of 2011. Payments totaling $135 million will be made this year. The current repayment will be funded by restricted cash, which waspreviously earmarked for such transactions.
Both parties also reached an agreement on pricing terms for the existing solar wafer supply contract, which extends to 2018.
SOURCE: LDK Solar Co. Ltd.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?