LDK Solar (LDK) surprised the St this morning by reporting a profiton a GAAP basis. I don’t see a non GAAP number in the report andwasn’t seeing an indication at first glance of any large one timegains, but will update this report if that’s the case. So on a GAAPbasis which includes one time gains and losses, the company reported Q3earnings of $0.27/share which smashed analyst estimates of a .10/loss. Revenues also beat analyst estimates, but by a small margin at $282million.
Adding to the positive report, LDK is guiding higher and seesQ4 revenues of $280-$310 million, versus the consensus of $258.72million.
Here are some highlights from comments made by the CEO..
- wafer demand strengthening across the board and results reflect improving solar industry
- making progress in ramping operations and completed first production run of the first 5K MT train of the 15K MT plant
- company solidified finances with sale of 15% stake in the 15K MT plant
- momentum in local China solar industry
- continues to be excited about long term growth prospects of solar
Shares of LDK are up about 15% in premarket trading.
Sunpower (SPWRA) And Etrion Working Together On Italian Solar Plants
Akeena, Highland Solar To Distribute Andalay Panels in Canada (AKNS)
You may also like
02 MarGreen Stocks Central
Some much needed news this morning for a company that continues to struggle and bleed ...