Layoffs At GE Solar
General Electric has laid off 85 workers at its solar panel plant inNewark, New Jersey, a workforce cut of about 30 percent. The plantalso reduced production to a single shift. The layoffs were the resultof the global economic credit crisis, which has made it more difficultfor GE’s customers to get credit for solar projects.
In an article on Delaware Online, GE Energy Spokesman Tom Rumsey commented on the layoffs, saying
"It’s unfortunate, but we have to align our manufacturing output with the demand that we have."
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System