Largest Solar Project in Automotive Industry Announced by Renault
While companies like Audi and Boeing have already installedsolarpanels on their manufacturing plants to reduce energy costs and cut CO2emissions, Renault has now partnered with Gestamp Solar to build the largestsolar energy project in automotive industry. Covering an area of about450,000sqm, the solar energy project will witness the installation of solarpanels at Renault plants in France.
The project calls for the installation of solar panels onthe roofs of the delivery and shipping centers at Renaults Douai, Maubeuge,Flins,Batilly, Sandouville and Clon sites. Construction is slated tocommence thismonth, with completion scheduled for February 2012. Thecompany claims thatupon completion the solar panels will cover an areaequivalent of 63 footballfields and generate about 60MW of power, whichis enough to power a town of15,000. Moreover, the project will helpreduce CO2 emissions by 30,000 tons ayear.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!