Large CPV System Planned For Saudi Arabia
SolFocus, a developer of concentrated photovoltaic (CPV) solar systems, says that Vision Electro Mechanical Co., a subsidiary of Construction Products Holding Co. (CPC), will build what it says is the first commercial CPV power plant in Saudi Arabia.
The project, located in the Bahra region of the country, will deliveraround 300 MWh of energy per year, and is the first in a series of Saudi power stations planned by Vision. Vision will market and install theSolFocus solar power systems, starting with this plant in CPC’s Bahraindustrial complex. Vision will install other solar power stations inSaudi Arabia, as well as in the research centers of King AbdullahUniversity of Science and Technology.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!