Los Angeles Bus System Now 100% Oil Free
The Los Angeles bus system is the first in the US that has completely converted away from using oil to power its fleet.
By eliminating diesel engines, one of the smoggiest citiesis reducing cancer-causing particulates 80% and greenhouse gases byabout 300,000 pounds a day.
Smaller cities such as Oxnard and Santa Barbara have also convertedtheir fleets, and while other major cities are doing the same, LA iswell ahead of other large metropolitan areas, according to the AmericanPublic Transportation Association.
The Southern California Rapid Transit District and the Los AngelesCounty Transportation Commission have been working toward the goal ofeliminating diesel since the late 1980s. Using natural gas increases the cost by about $50,000, bringing the price point to $450,000 per bus.
Online since 1996, we provide global news and networking services to help green business grow. We cover all green business sectors including renewable energy, green building and green investing. Services include: Daily Green Business and Green Investor News; our leading green jobs service, Green Dream Jobs, a hands-on green investing newsletter, Progressive Investor; and networking services for green businesses that seek capital and partners.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?