Konarka Names Two New Executives
Konarka Technologies Inc. has hired Alessandro Zeddaas vice president of materials development. He will lead Konarka’smaterials and device research and partnerships in developinghigher-performing organic photovoltaic (OPV) modules.
For thepast decade, Zedda has worked in various roles at Ciba Basel, a globalproducer of high-value effects for a wide range of products. Mostrecently, he was head of the company’s business printed electronics,responsible for the research and development of printable semiconductormaterials based on proprietary low band-gap conjugated polymers andother applications.
In addition, Alex Valenzuela has joined thecompany as vice president of European business development. Withextensive experience in the solar energy market in Europe, he willfocus on business development efforts to further expand and deliver thecompany’s patent-protected thin-film solar materials fabricated fromOPV into the region.
Valenzuela was previously regional managerat United Solar Ovonic, a manufacturer of integrated rooftopphotovoltaics, focusing on development efforts in Spain and Portugal.He has extensive business development and product positioningexperience in building-integrated photovoltaics and building-attachedphotovoltaics innovations for thermal and photovoltaics products.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?