Kieran Timberlake Designs Solar Powered American Embassy in London
Kieran Timberlakehas been announced as the winner of the Embassy of the U.S. LondonDesign Competition for their entry that was stated to have “most fullysatisfied the requirements outlined in the design competition’s missionstatement. The concept holds the greatest potential for developing atruly iconic embassy and is on the leading edge of sustainable design.”
Thenew embassy will feature internal gardens that continue verticallywithin the new embassy as the spiral continues upward. These gardensprovide places to meet and additional vertical circulation. Large glasswindows allow the interiors to be illuminated sustainably with naturallight. The design has been optimized to shade interiors from east, west andsouth sun while admitting daylight and framing large open view portalsto the outside. Thin film photovoltaic panels are positioned in thebuilding’s ethylene-tetrafluroethylene foils. The total array ofcrystalline and thin-film photovoltaic panels on the building measures8300 square meters and produces up to 345,000 KWh of renewable energy.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS