JA Solar announces management shake-up
JA Solar Co-founder and chairman of the board Baofang Jin has been named executive chairman and will assume additional responsibilities within the senior management team. “Samuel Yang remains as chief executive officer and will work closely with Mr. Jin to ensure the new management structure will be effectively implemented, the company said.
Jin has been the chairman and chief executive officer of Jinglong Group, JA Solar’s largest shareholder, since 2003. "I am very excited to take on this new executive role," said Mr. Jin. "Samuel and I have worked as a team for many years and we share the same vision for JA Solar’s growth."
At the same time, chief operating officer Dr. Elmer Hsu is retiring, effective immediately. Jian Xie, secretary of the board of directors, has been named vice president of sales and will act as chief operating officer until a replacement is found.
Daniel Lui will leave his current position as chief strategy officer to become managing director of US operations. And Ray Wilson will leave his current position as vice president, sales to become managing director of European operations.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!