Italy’s Solar Powered Stadium
On the outside I’m sure this stadium looks like a capsule, but thisparticular Gino Zavanella creation unveiled in Italy recently istotally plastered in energy-generating photovoltaic panels. Named‘Franco Sensi’ is not just the usual stadium, but will also boast ofRome’s football teams museum, restaurants, lounges and even bars. Thereis a band of LED screen around the perimeter of the stadium. Thisenergy efficient band features one layer covered by solar photovoltaicpanels, as well as a second translucent layer that lets in 80% of alllight while preventing water from hitting stadium patrons. In the past Solar Powered stadiums have been created, Tokyo having been the pioneer in doing that.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?