Intel Oregon Employees Plug into the Sun $INTC
High-tech companies are often among the most progressive in the world when it comes to renewable energy.
For example, Google’s got a giant 1.9 megawatt solar carport at its Mountain View, Calif. headquarters, Dell’s got a series of Envision Solar Solar Trees up at its Texas headquarters, and Intel has 508 kilowatts of solar up at its Hillsboro, Ore. plant,with the majority of those kW sitting atop a series of solar carports in the company parking lot.
Intel’s also added EV charging stations to its Hillsboro campus. And, as you can see in the photo at the end of this story — which we gotcourtesy of Oregon Electric Vehicle Association’s Patrick Connor, along with the photo at the top of Intel’s solarcarports — someone’s now plugging in a brand new Nissan LEAF at Intel’s Hillsboro campus.
Christof Demont-Heinrich is founder, creator andeditor of SolarChargedDriving.Com, which he launched in September 2009.SolarChargedDriving.Com is a unique site devoted to covering andpromoting the synergy between solar energy and EVs (electric vehicles)and PHEVs (plug in hybrid electric vehicles). In addition to offeringreaders a mix of how-to information, news feature and newswire coverage, and news analysis, SolarChargedDriving.Com is an interactive community: Readers can create their own blogs, post pictures and video, createtheir own photo and video galleries, and meet other solar-chargeddrivers online. A journalism professor at the University of Denver (DU), Demont-Heinrich is a lifelong environmentalist who loves to bird, hike, camp, and bike. Articles l Homepage
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?