Installing Unisolar pvl Laminate On a Metal Roof
I’ve had a couple people ask me how to install Uni-Solar’s flexiblethin film laminate PVL product line on a metal roof. The unique part ofUni-Solar PVL product is it can be bonded directly to a metal roofbetween the ridges.
Traditional solar panels would need racking andmounting components that are not required with a uni-solar PVLinstallation, therefore installing the laminate reduces balance ofsystem costs. Also these thin film laminates are extremely durablesince they are not made of glass like traditional solar panels.
Ithink the uni-solar product line works well when you have a lot ofsurface area to work with, aesthetics is a major concern in theproject, or have a shady/cloudy project since thin film solar panelsperform better than crystalline solar panels in those conditions. Thevideo below is a good overview of how these unique thin film solarpanels can be installed on a metal roof. What do you think about theuni-solar PVL thin film flexible solar panels?
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System