Innovalight to Double Silicon Ink Efficiency
Innovalight boasts that it will be able to double the solar potency of itsnanocrystalline silicon ink as soon as next year.
Conrad Burke, chief executive of the Sunnyvale, CA company, said thecompany’s silicon ink today adds one percentage point to the efficiencyof a mainstream solar cell. That means that a cell that is 18 percentefficient jumps to 19 percent.
Next year, the ink will add two percentage points to overallefficiency, and in 2012, the target is three. That should push the 18percent crystalline cell to 20 percent next year.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!