INFOGRAPHIC: Carbon Accounting in Business
Epicor went out to investigate and came across some worrying statistics!
The most shocking figures reveal that:
- 58% had never heard of carbon accounting
- Only 20% of companies monitor their carbon emissions
- A third of those businesses surveyed were didn’t know if they were under legal obligation to report emissions
- 85% of companies could not state the level of carbon their company had consumed in the last 6 months
Many companies today are finding that implementing “green” initiatives go beyond simple good-citizenship to real business opportunities and bottom line savings that can contribute significant financial value to the organization while meeting demanding customer requirements for sustainable and low-carbon products. It is no longer just about compliance, reducing risk, or being a better corporate citizen.
Banner photo by Ken Teegardin
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!