India mainly an off-grid solar PV market thus far
Research and Markets has announced the addition of GlobalData’s new report "Indian Solar Sector: Dawn of a New Era" to its offering.
Thefuture of solar PV development in India looks encouraging and isexpected to be driven by the government incentives and PV supportprograms. India is mainly an off-grid solar PV market with only 2.12 MWof PV power being grid connected.
The Ministry of New andRenewable Energy (MNRE) has launched various financial support programslike the generation based incentives (feed-in tariff) of Rs 15/KWh($0.30 / KWh) to encourage grid connectivity in India. Semiconductorpolicy in India is providing capital subsidy for PV manufacturers.
Thisinitiative has attracted investments worth Rs 796.46 billion ($18billion) from manufacturers of PV equipment. Financial incentives alongwith other PV support programs like the Solar Cities program is aimedat promoting solar PV installations in the country.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS