In Focus: Solar Food Trucks
Food trucks are all the rage, but have actually been around for decades. Street food has now become mobile, and this foodie phenomenon sure beats drive-thru burgers and other traditional fast food options. The food truck trend is moving towards sustainable, local, and organic food in order to bring affordable, tasty, and healthy food to the masses.
Many food truck vendors are taking their sustainable responsibility to the next level by traveling in trucks that use solar power. Here are some of the most popular solar powered food trucks located in a city near you:
Arlington, VA – Solar Crepes
This food truck uses local and organic food from sustainable sources. They also package their food in eco-friendly wrappers. What’s more, their food truck uses a 90-watt solar panel that produces an average 590 watt hours of power every day.
Learn more about solar power in Virginia here.
Portland, OR – Off the Griddle
This portable burger joint serves up vegan and vegetarian food using natural and organic ingredients. Their cart is powered 100% by renewable energy, and the rooftop solar panels produce excess power purchased by Portland General Electric.
Los Angeles, San Diego, NYC – The Green Truck
This food truck serves up regional, sustainable cuisine including vegan and vegetarian dishes. Also, any cooking oil they use powers their food trucks the next day. The Green Trucks also use solar energy to power their kitchens, giving excess energy produced back to the power grid.
Nationwide – Sungevity Ice Pop Truck
While not a culinary giant, the Ice Pop Truck (by Sungevity, a solar power company) is traveling across the country giving away free organic ice pops and educating consumers on how affordable and easy investing in solar energy can be. Find out where the Sungevity Ice Pop Truck will be by visiting their website.
Solar Pros was designed as a consumer advocacy firm specializing inhelping home owners select appropriate solar energy systems solutionsfor their home energy needs. Solar equipment is constantly advancing,and many of our nations installers are using legacy technology. SolarPros takes an unbiased look at national technology and financialsolutions trends to ensure our website visitors find the best solutionpossible in their area. Solar Pros offers this service at no cost to the customer. We are currently monitoring the top 20 manufacturers andinstall solutions nationwide, and over 50 local solutions. Articles l Solar Pros Homepage
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa