In Focus: CLEAN L.A Solar
Los Angeles recently revealed an ambitious plan to turn rooftops of local homes, businesses and multi family buildings into one giant solar farm.
Put together, all the potential buildings for solar rooftops add up to 12,000 acres of surface space and if all of this is covered with photovoltaic panels that can efficiently tap into the sun, then LA could produce 5.5 gigawatts of clean and emission free energy. LADWP has though kick started the program with Feed in Tariff (FiT) rooftop solar program that will aim to create solar rooftops that can produce 150 megawatts in next three years and around 600 megawatts by 2020.
The program is called ‘CLEAN LA Solar’ and it will try and help LA achieve its alternate energy production goals and will reduce the city’s dependence on conventional grid power. Those who opt for solar rooftops under the FiT program can sell the power that they produce from their solar installations back to LADWP. The idea is to encourage more individuals and enterprises in their attempt to go green and to offer a supportive infrastructure that will help them in turning toward solar power.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!