In Focus: China’s Billions in Solar Loans
But is that really true?
A few weeks ago, I published a chart that sought to put the magnitude of the Solyndra loan money into perspective. Based on that chart, it would appear that China is providing tens of billions of dollars in low-cost loans to Chinese solar companies. The table that follows (from Mercom Capital) would seem to confirm this.
Chart by Ryan Cunningham using Reuters and Bloomberg sources
Mercom Capital asserts that the loans to solar companies total over $40 billion over the last two years.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System