IKEA Installing 600 kW Of Solar PV At Arizona Store
Home furnishingsretailer IKEA plans to install two 300 kW solar energy systemsat its store in Tempe, Ariz. Pending remaining governmental permits,installation of solar panels on the roof of the store will begin in May, with completion expected in the fall.
The 46,000 square-footconfiguration will consist of two systems, each built with approximately 1,300 panels. IKEA Tempe’s solar program will produce approximately one million kWh of electricity annually for the store.
IKEA hascontracted Gloria Solar for the development, design and installation ofthis customized solar power system. This project is being implemented in conjunction with SRP, an Arizona public power utility.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa