Ikea Goes Solar
The Swedish-based furniture giant has partnered with Rec Solar and Gloria Solar on eight projects expected to be completed early next year. Thelargest planned installation is for the distribution center which willhave a generating capacity of 1,800-kW.
Totaling 4.5 megawatts of generating capacity the completedinstallations will output 6.65 million kilowatt hours of electricityreducing 5,268 tons of carbon dioxide annually.
Read the full article at Reuters: IKEA, Clif Bar Carpet Property with Solar Panels
EnergyBoom is a global leader in news information about the renewable energy sector, offering expert analysis to keep you on the cutting edge of the renewable energy world. From public policy and financial analysis to company profiles to social commentary and the basics, EnergyBoom is your 360° view of the renewable energy world. Our contributors scour the globe daily for the latest news and information delivering insight and analysis, covering everything from new technologies to breaking news.
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa
- New Jersey Solar: The Situation Gets Bigger
- Technology and The Green Movement
- Supply and Demand in Solar Materials Market
- Solar In The Classroom
- In Focus: How Green are Electric Vehicles?
- How First Solar Should Spend Their New Cash
- Silicon-Boron Electrodes: The Key to Longer Battery Life?
- U.S Solar Hits Milestone