IEA World Energy Outlook 2010
Theproject outlines these future scenarios in great detail in the 700-pagereport. However, one factor of the renewable energy market in the worldis made clear: every 1$ spent on renewable energy through subsidies is$5-$6 dollars in fossil fuel subsidies. And, if renewable energysubsidies increase with the expanding market under the second and thirdscenarios, the amount of subsidies is still only expected to reachslightly below 2/3rds of the current fossil fuel subsidies by 2035.
Unfortunately, based on the statistics on renewable energy vs. fossil fuel subsidies,the need for much more rapid policies to avoid going over the 450 CO2ppm threshold, it seems "unlikely" that these goals can be met. They are regarded as too ambitious in lieu of this information.
The Open Energy Information initiative (OpenEI) is a platform toconnect the world’s energy data. It is a linked open data platformbringing together energy information to provide improved analyses,unique visualizations, and real-time access to data. OpenEI followsguidelines set by the White House’s Open Government Initiative , whichis focused on transparency, collaboration, and participation. OpenEIstrives to provide open access to this energy information, which willspur creativity and drive innovation in the energy sector.Articles l Homepage
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!