IBC Solar, SGS TÜV develop new quality standard for PV modules
PV specialist IBC SOLAR AG is establishing new quality standards for its solar modules. Through external production audits, the photovoltaiccompany is ensuring that its modules are not only high quality, but also that the entire manufacturing process runs transparently andflawlessly.
IBC SOLAR developed with the renowned independentGerman testing institute SGS-TÜV GmbH the criteria for the “CertifiedSupplier” audit, a second party audit that assesses manufacturers ofsolar modules. It is not only production quality that comes underscrutiny, but also company management and topics such as socialresponsibility.
“Management, organization and manufacturingprocesses are the main focus today. In the past, it was necessary toidentify product flaws and then eliminate them, but modern companiesplace more emphasis on eliminating possible sources of errorsbeforehand,” explains Dirk Schmidt, Key Account Manager Systems &Services Certification of SGS-TÜV.
“Efficient forms oforganization and processes are an important basis for first-rate quality in every industry and business, regardless of its size. Uniformstandards enable international comparison of manufacturing processes and services. We have developed an extensive criteria catalogue togetherwith IBC SOLAR; our experienced auditors therefore ensure high standards in certified manufacturing companies.”
The test seal coversareas including the general impression of the company, data transfer and the security of IT, the adequacy of the production machines, qualitymanagement, the extent of the test equipment, the test processes andproduction control, amongst other things.
In addition to thesescrupulous details, flexible aspects such as dealing with employees,employees’ qualifications and working conditions are considered in thetest. In order to become a “Certified Supplier”, companies mustdemonstrate the corresponding qualifications in a test lasting severaldays.
“The safety and quality of our products starts at themanufacturer. With this certification, we want to define uniformstandards and maintain these in the long-term in order to guarantee theend customers the highest level of quality,” explains Marco Siller,Product Management Director at IBC SOLAR.
“With this audit, wewant to support our suppliers in fulfilling the environmental and social criteria in their production processes. We are bringing our 28 years’business experience to the certification.”
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa