Huge Solar Project in Morocco to Generate Energy
Sunny Morocco is planning to produce 40% of their energy needs viasolar energy, spending $9 billion to generate 2000MWs of energy by2020. The plan will require 5 solar power stations to produce 2000MWs of energy, situated in the regions of Ouarzazate, Ain Bni Mathar, Foum AlOued, Boujdour and Sebkhat Tah with the first station to becomeoperational by 2015.
“Morocco is determined to protect the environment in all its futureprojects,” he said.
Morocco is hoping to cut its dependence on foreign oil and gasimports.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa