Hemlock Begins Construction On New Silicon Production Plant
HemlockSemiconductor’s new facility features an investment of up to $1.2billion, and it will create 500 full-time jobs and more than 800construction jobs. The site will contain over 150,000 cubic yards ofconcrete and 20,000 tons of structural steel.
Initially, the newsite will have the capacity to manufacture greater than 10,000 metrictons of polysilicon, with the ability to expand production up to 21,000metric tons, Hemlock says. Most of the polysilicon produced at thisfacility will be consumed by firms in the solar industry.
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa
- New Jersey Solar: The Situation Gets Bigger
- Technology and The Green Movement
- Supply and Demand in Solar Materials Market
- Solar In The Classroom
- In Focus: How Green are Electric Vehicles?
- How First Solar Should Spend Their New Cash
- Silicon-Boron Electrodes: The Key to Longer Battery Life?
- U.S Solar Hits Milestone